Bright Future School is a community-based, private, not for profit school established with the mission of creating a bright future for the children of today and leaders of tomorrow. Education is vital in creating sustainable development, by ensuring people who will be capable of helping themselves and their country in the long term; as the saying goes “if you give a hungry man a fish, you will feed him for a day ; but if you teach him how to fish, you will feed him for life.”
Bright Future School believes in guiding its students towards greatness in education and in their lives. One of the mottoes we stand by is "Knowledge is our Future" and accordingly our students are encouraged to discover and create; to acquire the kind of knowledge to last them a lifetime.
Bright Future endeavors to produce individuals who will become productive citizens of their country, live morally and grow to be examples unto others. BFS invests in developing future leaders who will strive to make Africa and the world a better place.
Bright Future School is accredited by the Ministry of Education and by the LCCI of the United Kingdom, in addition to being an international exam center for the Assessment and Qualifications Alliance (UK).
- To witness our students achieve the goals they set for themselves.
- We envision our alumni making a positive contribution towards our community and participating in the creation of a better world.
- To see our school becoming one of the most valuable institutions of education in Ethiopia, Africa and the world.
To create a Bright Future for the children of today and leaders of tomorrow.
Our Core Values
Bright Future School sits students for the National Ministry of Education Exams for Grades 8, 10 and 12. We also prepare and enter students for International Exams such as SAT 1 and SAT 2.
Bright Future operates from four campuses in Addis Ababa and one spacious campus in Hawassa.
The faculty of Bright Future School comprises of close to 150 local and ex-pat professionals.
Bright Future School offers full, tutuition and partial scholarships to students whose parents are weak financially and with good academic acheivement.
Moreover, Bright Future School grants scholarships to students from disadvantaged and very low income generating families with the help of generous sponsors. Currently, 22% of our total number of students is benefiting from this program.
- Strong focus on discipline and a core belief that it requires discipline first for a child to learn effectively.
- Close follow-up of each student academically, discipline-wise and attendance-wise.
- Dedicated communication and cooperation with parents as we believe it takes a community to raise a child.
- Regularly collecting feedback from students and parents via surveys and questionnaires, one-to-one discussions and the Student, Parent, & Teacher Council (SPTC).
- Strict preparation of students taking national examinations with extra practice classes arranged after school and on Saturdays. Regular model tests and exams given to ensure high results from students.
Our plans for the 2011/12 academic year include:
- Employment of qualified and dedicated professionals in all sections.
- Purchase of additional equipment and resources for all grades.
- Strengthening of all current extra-curricular activities and the development of additional ones.
- Participation in various sporting and knowledge competitions organized by the education bureau.
- Develop strong summer programs.
- Continue construction of our school building at Bole Bulbula.